Just on a whim, we decided to give the baby some rice cereal 2 nights ago. I’m having a really hard time with the idea of starting her on solids. For a lot of reasons, some of which I’m convinced are hormones, it just gives me anxiety; I don’t want her to grow up, I don’t want her sweet baby breath to change, I don’t want her poop to change, I’m scared it’ll mess up her belly and we JUST got past that colic/gassy phase so I’m not at all ready to go back, and because I won’t be the only source of her food anymore. Something about her not needing me and only me makes me a little sad. At the same time, I’m excited to see her try new things, for Derek to get to help feed her, and to not be the only thing she needs to eat so I have a little more me time. Its such a silly bizarre mix of feelings…the only explanation has to be hormones. Or I’m just crazy. Either way, I think we won't be doing any real food for another month or so, but the rice cereal is a nice way to start and gives us a new way to give her the supplement.
Anyway, I ended up making the rice cereal a little more liquid than solid on accident, but she ate (slurped) it like a pro. She hardly made a mess at all and seemed to really like the spoon…she kept pulling it out of our hands and trying to chew on it! She didn’t make it all the way through the meal without crying, but it was a lot of food and she doesn’t like sitting up that long right now.

Before we started …no idea what is about to happen

First “bite”

What was that? I want to hold it…

I said give me that spoon..







This new toy is my favorite


I just liked how she was holding Derek’s hand in these pictures. Ignore that you can see a piece of my hair in her hand.

Concentrating really hard

Don’t take it away

The aftermath
21. I’m thankful for my awesome cousin who sent me enough baby clothes for 8 babies! It is such a life saver and 90% of the reason Madeline has warm clothes to wear this winter. Now if only she would come over and figure out where to put them all!
i think she will be a food lover! love the pix! mom
ReplyDelete