Tuesday, November 8, 2011

4 months

Little baby is 4 months old today. I stared taking her 4 month pictures and then the camera spazzed out, so they’ll have to wait for another time. She has her 4 month appointment on Friday, so maybe by then it’ll be fixed and I can do pictures and stats.
Lets see …what did month 4 bring?
She rolls over in both directions and has made it abundantly clear that she prefers her stomach. We will put her down on her back and she almost immediately rolls right over. She loves going on walks in the stroller and just being out of the house in general. Sleeping has been inconsistent and eating is pretty much constant. She is really into the remote control and anything with a screen (computers, tvs, cellphones…I mean I knew it started early, but this is ridiculous). Everything she gets her hands on goes right into her mouth; sometimes she bypasses her hands all together and just lunges for something with her mouth wide open. She chews on her fingers 24/7 and this house does not lack for drool. She can pick things up and throw them around and she loves to hold on to stuff. On the rare occasions that she takes a paci, she can hold it and put it in her mouth. She reaches for toys and even for our faces now. Her new favorite game is pull mommy’s glasses off, yank on mommy’s lip, then claw mommy in the face. She still squeals (its actually her main form of communication) and talks and she even laughed for the first time the other day. She is starting to scoot around on the floor and gets herself pretty far, though mostly she goes backwards. Derek swears she’ll be crawling next week…I hope not! Her hair is getting lighter and some days it looks so red to me. Somehow her eyes are still blue and I guess they aren’t changing anytime soon. Not that I don’t love her blue eyes, I just thought she’d have green eyes. The odds for blue were against, but then I guess so were the odds of getting biotinidase deficiency, so I guess she just bucks the trend.
Day 8: I’m thankful for The Real Housewives of Atlanta being back on…nothing brightens a bad more than the ridiculousness of real housewives.

No comments:

Post a Comment