Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Such a bad blogger

 

I have tons of excuses but does anyone really care? I guess the main reason is that my camera wasn’t working and now that it is working, its been far too nasty to take pictures indoors or outdoors. Bad weather, dark at 5 = depressing.

Can I just tell you that my baby is so mobile? I’m constantly surprised when I  look back and compare her behavior now to what she was doing a few weeks ago. Example – put her in the big girl bath for the first time in about 2 weeks and she started to try and grab the water and she couldn’t understand why her hands kept coming up empty. It was hilarious to watch her open and close her little fist and then look confused, slap the water, open and close her little fist, grab my leg, think she found something, slap the water again, realize she hadn’t found something, and repeat. She can sit up so much better now and she is seriously moving everywhere. She can pretty much get herself from one side of the room to another with no problem. We took her into the city with us on Monday and she stayed awake the WHOLE trip. I mean, she took maybe two 15 minute naps, but she was awake and looking around the rest of the time. She is just so aware of her surroundings and loves seeing new things.

The landlord just came by to fix the heat in the baby’s room and I’ve lost my train of thought.

Well, I guess the means I’ll catch up on what I’m grateful for and hopefully have pictures for you soon.

13. I’m thankful for our neighborhood. It might not be the most interesting convenient place, but I was thinking how lucky I am to live somewhere I can leave for a walk with the baby and feel totally safe. I know everywhere in the Bronx wouldn’t be like that and I’m so glad this little place exists.

14. I’m thankful for NYC and our chance to live in such a neat place. I’m also thankful we don’t have to stay here forever. As much as I’ll miss it, it isn’t my forever home (does that make me sound like an adopted dog?).

15. I’m thankful for Skype and the chance to talk to family “face to face”, no matter where we are in the world.

16. I’m thankful for Ari. He has been the best little companion and even though he has been kind of relegated to the oldest child not as much attention realm, he still loves us. He is also so good with the baby. I mean, he mostly ignores her, but we’ve gotten to the point that he stays in the room even when she cries. Now, he even follows he around on her playmat/blanket fort on the ground looking for spit up he can lick up and sniffing he butt. He has never ever been aggressive towards her, even when she grabs at him, and I can’t ask for much more than that.  They’re going to be best friends one day.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lindsay: And I am so thankful that you are so faithful with all the blog little stories, I can just imagine little Madeline playing in the water and Ari being her companion. Take care and may God and his angels watch over the three of you. Nanny from Fairburn

    ReplyDelete