Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Baby Divided

 

There are some loyalty issues we need to work out regarding football and our baby. It is pretty much a constant battle over which team she’ll be supporting. For instance, she has an Auburn hat and shoes, an AU blanket, a million tiger stuffed animals, and a tiger costume, but she also has 3 UGA onesies. When I made the mistake of letting Derek dress her yesterday, he snuck one on her, which she tragically wore again today (along with Auburn socks, of course).

Anyway, Derek seems to be under the misguided notion that I agreed to letting the baby be a fan of whichever team won the GA/AU game this year. I don’t remember making said deal, but regardless, today was a big day. Obviously, things didn’t go my way. Its ok though, because ultimately, I’m going to be in charge of buying her clothes and a little blue and orange might just sneak their way in the closet. Also, I have a feeling Derek will miss more than one football season, which leaves me plenty of room to convince her to love Auburn. I’ve also got the whole "you’ll be a 3rd generation Auburn grad” line to lay on her, in case I need to pressure or guilt her into choosing my side.

I think she’ll spite us both and be an LSU fan or something ridiculous like that.

Derek wants to add to this post – “45 – 7” (that is a direct quote).

12. I’m thankful for Auburn and for the 5 amazing years I got to spend there. It will always be one of my favorite places in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun, I am all for Roumania or Peru or whatever - but I forgot - they don't play football even though that's what they call it ... You all have fun and Madeline will be right in the middle laughing at you both. Nanny from Fairburn

    ReplyDelete