I had my first glucose test last month and apparently my sugar levels were high, so I had to go back from the dreaded 3 hour test today. You can’t eat or drink for 12 hours before and you can’t eat or drink during the test, so it was a long, long three hours this morning. First, I’m not sleeping well, so it was incredibly difficult to get up and go. Derek and I both over slept and I ended up being 20 minutes late, but it wasn’t really important that I was on time, so no harm done. The doctor wasn’t there and they hadn’t even turned the lights on yet. After getting there they took my blood and made me drink that awful drink. Instead of orange this time, I got lemon lime, so instead of tasting like flat super sugary orange soda, it tasted like flat super sugary sprite. Yay for variety!
After that I struggled to stay awake for the next hour or so. I had a quick appointment with the doctor..nothing too exciting. I gained a HUGE amount of weight this month, but its fine because I’d only gained 2 lbs previous to this month. She gave me a person to contact about getting a tour of the labor and delivery unit, so I’m looking forward to that. I’m hoping seeing the unit will reassure both of us about having the baby at this hospital. If not, some changes may need to be made. After that I got poked in my other arm and sent to sit and struggle to stay awake for another hour. By the time she took my blood for the third time, I was super thirsty and starting to get a headache. She couldn’t find my vein (probably because I was super dehydrated) and the poking that ensued was not fun. In the end, both arms got poked. The third hour finally ended, I got poked for the fourth time and was finally released! I came home and devoured a leftover Chick-fil-a sandwich and drank a ton of water. I’m still exhausted but at least I’m not dehydrated anymore.
I was thinking how happy I that I’m having a girl because one day, she will be sitting in a chair, pregnant, thirsty, hungry, getting poked in both arms 5 times and she will appreciate everything I had to go through. A boy may love his mom, but he is never going to appreciate what a pain in the butt being pregnant can be.
*Nursery post coming ASAP*
Does this mean you appreciate everything I went through? Love, Love, Love, mom
ReplyDelete