I thought I had already put this up but its from about 2 weeks ago….
We decided to go look at baby stuff, just to browse and get nursery ideas, and we ended up coming home with bedding. Derek and I had very different ideas about what we wanted the babies room to look like. Neither of us want all pink/purple princess super girly stuff, but I think my heart was (is) still set on the boy nursery I had all planned and I could only look at the more boyish stuff. Derek found a set he really loved though and I don’t hate it, so we went ahead and got it. We both like the idea of doing animals in the room, so this was a good compromise. It’s a little more purple than I’d ever pick out myself and I’m not a huge fan animal print, but I like the little monkey and the giraffe and even the cute little elephant. We got two little matching stuffed animals to go along with it. Plus, a lot of stuff I had already looked up that we loved fits really well with the bedding and I think any color bed sheet is going to look good, which is a plus.
We haven’t gotten much farther than this, though I’ve looked at a ton of stuff. I know we are halfway done with this pregnancy but it still feels like there is all this time left to buy everything. Maybe I’m in denial? Maybe I just feel like its all so daunting and I’m not sure where to start? I don’t know. We did move Derek’s closet from the babies room into my room…it was like moving in together for the first time. We also finally moved all the boxes and other nonsense into the guest room, which now looks like a disaster zone, or a box store. I’m sure there will be pictures as we get things together.
Next thing to tackle – the crib.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
ReplyDeleteLindsay, you're doing just fine, your stomach is beautiful, the baby only needs a blanket, diapers and a nite gown.
Love you so much, take care. Nanny