We made a trip to Ikea this weekend (or it may have been a trip to Chick-fil-a with a stop by Ikea) to shop for the baby. We went with one goal, to find the 70 dollar crib that I had seen online. Of course, we see that crib nowhere and its sold out. I can’t blame everyone for wanting a 70 dollar changing table though…what a steal. Anyway, we ended up buying a bunch of other stuff I didn’t mean to buy and a totally different piece of furniture I definitely didn’t intend on buying, but I think I like the way its all going to work together.
This is the “changing table” we ended up with. It is really a dress that looks like this:
We also bought the little green storage box things while we were there. There are two more dark green boxes behind the middle two, so it ends up being 6 containers all together. I love them and I love having a different color (not a pink or purple) in the room. We didn’t notice this when we looked at the dresser in the store, but the first shelf really has a secret little shelf thing in it. Its kind of bizarre but I guess it’ll be useful.
Then you can attach the changing table top, which just kind of slips on top and screws in. We’re going to have to attach the back to the wall to make sure it doesn’t topple over, but its actually really steady and has a surprising amount of room.
Now we just need a changing pad thing a jigger and some changing stuff and a baby.
Derek also picked out those pink boxes you see in the background to store stuff in. Pink. Sigh. Its actually not so bad I guess. We also bought some curtains (which I don’t have a picture of for some reason) and these lamps (the white one is gorgeous)
I feel like things are actually coming together. I’ll put more pictures up when we get the crib next paycheck.
No comments:
Post a Comment