Monday, March 21, 2011

First day of spring

And its raining and snowing and gross. Oh New York. Honestly, I’m fine with it, because I’m dreading the summer heat so so so much. But I was enjoying the 2 days of “spring” we had, with the windows open and being able to take the jacket off in the afternoon. It’ll be here soon enough I’m sure.

In other news, we bought the baby’s crib and mattress yesterday. We didn’t get the crib I wanted because it wasn’t in the store and I was scared to buy a crib I couldn’t see in person. We didn’t get our second choice either because the guy in the store said it was made of soft wood and it probably wouldn’t last as long as something made of hardwood. What we ended up with was not something either of us are in love with but it supposedly had a decent reputation, it was only 30 dollars more than we intended to spend, and it’ll work. It doesn’t convert to a full size bed, just the toddler bed, but we plan on stealing my brother’s twin beds when the baby gets older anyway and I didn’t want to spend an extra 150 dollars when I didn’t absolutely need a full size bed. Since it doesn’t convert to a full size bed its not one of those cribs with the big backboard, but instead looks like an older more traditional crib. That was probably the biggest downside and part of me wonders if we made the right decision, since we aren’t in love, but its just a crib right? The only other negative is that it is supposedly going to take 8-10 weeks to get to the store, which is cutting it close, but I’m confident it’ll be here before the baby. At this point, I’m pretty sure the crib will be here before we have a name! I’m bummed to not have an updated nursery picture…I was so looking forward to having the bedding put together.

I made an appointment to tour labor and delivery and I’m hoping that goes well. I’m so worried about the hospital and I hope seeing it will give me some peace of mind and confidence. I also need to find out about birth classes, since this is our first time, but I’ve put it off mostly because I’ve put off everything to do with delivering this baby. It is totally overwhelming. I don’t understand why the baby can’t just live in my belly forever.

 

Here is my 25 week picture from Saturday. I was wearing a shirt that didn’t really show my belly well and some yoga type pants that are way too big but so comfortable. This is the best one from the front and it was me trying to see if you could even see my belly in that outfit.

DSC_0148

the best side attempt that doesn’t show bare belly, which I’m not putting up on the internet. When Derek took the picture of my belly without the shirt down, he goes, “you’re pushing it out” and I said I’m not and he said, “wow…you’re big”  But I am and I guess that’s normal. I don’t fit in very many t-shirts anymore, so I put on an extra large shirt I bought just for the pregnancy and you could still see the belly! That is big.

DSC_0150 1

No comments:

Post a Comment