Friday, February 5, 2010

Something in the water?

Before I even start this post I'm going to warn you that its probably a little bit too much information. It involves vomiting. You've been warned.

 

I've never been one to throw up all that often. In the last 10 years I could count on one hand the amount of times I've been sick like that. Until we moved here, that is. I don't know if its something in the water, or something on the subway (probably more likely) but I have been so sick in the measly 9 months we've lived here. The number of times I've thrown up in my adult life has pretty much tripled.

Gross.

I guess the point of sharing that was to tell you guys what I a real trooper I am. hahaha. I'm really such a baby about being sick or even just a little bit uncomfortable, but since I've moved away from my Mommy I've really had to suck it up. Example one - riding the bus home from a 2 hour doctor appointment, by myself, with the flu. Ew.

Example two - Monday night I had the worst food poisoning of my life. I've only had it one other time but this was 80 bagillion times worse. I started feeling kind of weird around 10, managed to fall asleep at 11, and at 1 AM I was up feeling awful. I pretty much spent the rest of the night in the bathroom, throwing up at least once an hour for about 4 hours, and getting NO sleep at all. Derek found me on the bathroom floor at 5 AM ...I couldn't even walk to the bedroom because I couldn't be away from the toilet that long. He did skip class his early morning class to stay with me and I managed to get about an hour and a half of sleep in.

Then, I got up, got ready, and went to a job interview at 10 AM. With food poisoning. And really bad hair. And no liquid in my body at all. It took over an hour and it was the best interview I've had so far, despite trying to pretend I wasn't dying the whole time. I don't know how it'll all work out and I won't know for a little while, but I was pretty proud of myself for going at all. Then I sat at home by myself until 10 PM that night, dying of thirst (I couldn't drink water for some reason, only Gatorade would do, and I was waiting for Derek to bring me some), and going through these weird hot and cold flashes. It was no fun. I don't like being lonely when I'm sick.

It isn't that Derek doesn't try and take good care of me when I don't feel good. He really does. He usually makes about 5 trips to the gas station or CVS so I can have Gatorade and ginger ale and imodium. But he also can't be here 24/7, no matter how much I want him to stay. It really makes me think about what life is going to be like when I'm still far away from my family, Derek is gone on a deployment, and I'm alone and sick.  Who is going to get me Gatorade?  That is one depressing thought.

****

In less gross news, we're either getting 1 to 3 inches of snow or a foot of snow, though the weather channel isn't sure which. It depends on how the storm moves I guess.

Derek and I are also suppose to be going to the movies tonight, if he ever gets home. Sherlock Holmes or Avatar...not sure which one yet. I'm excited to go out for fun, just the two of us. Its been awhile.

Super bowl on Sunday. Food post to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment