Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All grown up

Yes, I am a college graduate.

Yes, I am married.

Yes, I have a job (barely).

Yes, I pay my own bills.

Yes, I do my own dishes and laundry and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.

Yes, I have my own credit card.

 

But I've never really felt all that grown up. Its bizarre to think of myself as an adult. Derek turned 24 and I still can't wrap my brain around that age.

Until today.

Its official....I need to get my wisdom teeth taken out.

Its taken me until 23 to get them in and the dentist recommends they get taken out before they start breaking the skin. I'm pretty much petrified.

 

Oh. And also, for the first time since third grade, I have nothing in my mouth but teeth. No braces, no retainers, and no glue! My permanent retainer fell out a few weeks ago and the dentist removed the glue today. Its so bizarre to have an empty mouth. I haven't decided if I'm going to get another permanent retainer put in or if I'm going to get one I can take out or if I'm just not going to do anything.

 

I start work at the branch tomorrow and I'm trying to enjoy and relax today. Instead of catching up on my DVR, I can barely hear my own TV. Someone who lives awfully close to us has a crying baby and a TV turned up so loud I can hear it better than my own. Normally I don't complain about their insane noise level, but this is so bad I can't take it. I want to stomp and jump and yell. I want to be like that crying baby. Does that contradict my post about being a grown up?

No comments:

Post a Comment