Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Evil birds

Have you ever seen the Alfred Hitchcock film The Birds? Well I have. Consequently, I do not enjoy birds of any variety. They way the gather in big groups and fly around like there is some kind of plan, the way they all sit on telephone wires like they're just waiting for you drive under so they can poop on your car, the way their little heads never stop moving. All of it gives me the creeps.
Unfortunately, the entire bird population of The Bronx congregates outside our window. Every afternoon I look out the window and shiver a little.
These are pictures of the birds pretty early in the afternoon. More usually come after its too dark to get good pictures of them (they're sneaky that way). I don't have a wide angle lens, so I took separate pictures all the way across, so you can see how many there are. Click on the picture if you want to see the scary birds up close. And remember, there were more coming!
DSC_1154
DSC_1155
DSC_1156
Yeah, they're definitely planning something.
DSC_1159
I'm just glad we don't have a fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment