I made my first ever cheesecake for Derek's birthday. It actually turned out pretty well. I was going to take pictures of the process but I was babysitting a one year old at the time and trying to make phone calls for my new job at the same time, so everything was pretty hectic. I don't know how parents handle it.
It cracked on the top for some reason. Derek thinks its because I didn't put it on anything or seal the spring form pan, which makes sense. I'll have to try it next time. I'll definitely be making this again too...so yummy. Ricotta cheese makes all the difference.
The cute little monster that wouldn't let me get anything done
Ari giving her the evil eye...he doesn't like sharing his Mommy.
For Valentine's day my amazing hubby got up super early to go grocery shopping. He came home with a surprise gift...The Beatles Rockband! I love it. He also bought himself a game as a gift from me ...haha. His real birthday/valentines day present is a new watch. I can't find a good link to just a picture, so here is the link to it on the watch website. http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/English/detail.asp?Country=COA&Language=English&ModelNumber=BM6660-50L
He cooked an awesome dinner with homemade caprese ravioli with homemade tomato cream sauce, crab cakes with homemade pepper aioli, asparagus, and salad with homemade ranch dressing. It was soooo much food but so delicious. All in all, it was a pretty good day, and mostly I just enjoyed spending the day together, since I can't even remember the last time we spent valentines day in the same city.
Just love the picture of the child and little dog, priceless. Good for you re. cheese cake, I can find out from my old friends who can cook and have cooked why it cracked. Anyhow, it sure did look good and I wish I had been there with you two to share the meal and the dessert. Glad you had a great Valentine Day and Good Luck on your new job, tell us all about it and keep smiling ... Nanny
ReplyDelete