We've been giving Madeline little bites of what we've been eating for a couple of days, so last night, I decided to give her some pinto beans and pasta off my plate. First I feed her about 3 tablespoons of pureed veggies and after scarfing that down, she ate about a 1/2 cup of beans and pasta. It was an insane amount of food and I'm so not looking forward to changing that diaper, but she loved every second of it. She is really into picking the food up and putting it into her mouth (or on the floor, or the chair, or where ever else it goes that isn't her mouth) and she is getting pretty good at it. She prefers to pick up with her left hand and seems to be better at getting things from that hand into her mouth. When she does pick up with her right hand, I've noticed she either holds it in that hand for a while or switches it to her left hand. Occasionally she'll put that food in her mouth but it isn't as often. If you put down two things at once (like two beans) she'll pick one up in each hand and usually holds on to one while eating out of the other. Its like she has to have something to play with all the time (or maybe she is a baby hoarder). Randomly, she does this hulk move, and just squeezes the heck out of whatever she is holding…its pretty funny. This mornings breakfast was the few bites of oatmeal she would eat, some pinto and northern beans, some pasta (the dog ate most of this), some egg white, and some blueberries. Yeah. She ate all that and I'm not positive she was done because she nursed afterwards for a minute as well.
Maybe I've been starving her for months or maybe she is just a bottomless pit; either way, I hope she has her dad's metabolism.
No comments:
Post a Comment