Sunday, March 11, 2012

8 months

DSC 0539 edited 1

DSC 0622 edited 1

My little baby is not so little anymore. She is weighing in at 19 pounds, which puts her somewhere around 50-75 percent. I swear she has grown longer, but we can't get her to sit still, much less measure the wiggle worm.

DSC 0548 edited 1DSC 0553 edited 1

Everyday she is learning something new. If you click your tongue at her, she does this tongue clicking, lip smacking thing back. It is beyond adorable. She loves any kind of noise you can make with your mouth or nose. She likes zerbets and to have her toes and fingers sucked on. I think her feet might be super ticklish, because she laughs anytime you play with them.

DSC 0571 edited 1DSC 0569 edited 1

(so angry…give her the phone, then all is well)

She has learned that she can crawl all the way to our bedroom now and she crawled from the living room to our bedroom bathroom all by herself, to find me, for the first time. She can stand by herself for a few seconds, but I don't think she is a big fan of doing it; it always seems to surprise/scare her when she realizes she isn't holding on to anything. She does try to stand up independently all the time, which results in a hilarious yoga pose, with her knees locked and her butt way up in the air.

DSC 0578 edited 1DSC 0581 edited 1DSC 0589 edited 1

(more fit throwing…this time the wooden spoon solved all the problems)

This month has brought some trouble sleeping. She is still getting about 7-8 hours a night, but it is beyond hard to get her to fall asleep, and she only stays that way if we get lucky. She fights every single nap and bedtime is impossible; I swear I spend 80 percent of my day trying to get her to go to sleep. Thank God for Derek, because he has some magic baby sleeping power, and he can usually make her fall asleep on him. Then I have to persuade him to put her in the crib (trust me, it takes some convincing…he loves sleeping with her) and we just hold have to cross our fingers and hope she won't wake up. Lately, when we go out, people comment on how tired she looks. I don't know what to do about it at this point. I think it may have something to do with her top teeth coming in or maybe a growth spurt.

DSC 0611 edited 1DSC 0610 edited 1

She is eating a larger variety of food and we're trying to introduce new and chunkier foods. She eats whole peas, really cut up boiled carrots, chunky banana, and really sliced up avocados. We've introduced pears, peaches, cauliflower, and green beans. Through some organic baby food pouches (we love love love these) she has gotten broccoli, spinach, beet, blueberry, mango, and apricot. So far, we haven't found a few she doesn't like.

DSC 0622 edited 1DSC 0616 edited 1

(showing off my teeth)

She hasn't met a stranger and smiles and talks to pretty much every single person she sees. We took her out one day and we were walking down a sidewalk, so people weren't paying attention to her, and I swear she was yelling and waving to get them to look at her. So silly. When I take her to the bank, she goes right to everyone to be held, and just hams it up. Everyone comments on what a happy baby she is and when I reflect on it, we really do have a happy, good baby, and we are so lucky.

DSC 0594 edited 1

We love to watch spanish videos together and sing, and according to Derek, she loves watching and listening to Rush when they play together in the mornings. She loves her morning time with daddy and is always in a good mood when she wakes up. She says "dadadadadeeeeee" all the time, squeals constantly, and has taken to making some weird demonic growl. She will say, "mmm" or "mamma" but its usually only when she is whining or wants me and can't get to me. She would still rather eat a book than read. She loves the stroller and loves watching the dog walk beside her when we go out. Her favorite toys are still the computer mouse, keyboard, tv remote control, and paper. Baby girl will go through the trashcan to get any kind of paper to eat. She LOVES crawling into the kitchen and trying to get into the dog food bowl and the other day she knocked it over and tried to eat dog food. Ew. She screams and cries whenever we take away something she wants, be it dog food or toy, or we move her somewhere she doesn't want to go. She also coughs or screeches or makes some kind of noise if she wants attention. She is definitely starting to acquire her own little personality.

DSC 0618 edited 1DSC 0627 edited 1DSC 0636 edited 1DSC 0634 edited 1

Just some extras…being cute and playing with daddy

 

*I have no idea how this post will look, how big the pictures will be, or how they'll end up formatted. I also have no idea how I will fix it. Here goes nothing…*

2 comments:

  1. 3/12/12 From Nanny in Fairburn - Lindsay, just loved reading 'all about it', with your lively description of our Madeline's activities and progress I can feel very close to her, what chubby little thighs and lovely teeth. I have moved several of the pictures to my 'My Pictures' and will send some to France where her french family often asks about her progress. Please, Derek, do not let her suck on anything that has a cell battery in it, I read the other day about a baby who swallowed one of these small round flat batteries from a remote or cell phone, I don't remember which, anyhow, it took a trip to emergency and an operation to remove the battery from the baby's stomach where it had started to corrode ... please ... Lindsay, I hope you are well with this 24 Hour Job whose name is Madeline, and Derek, keep up the good work with your studies and all, would love to hear more about it, graduation, ceremony and everything but its okay you must be terribly busy, only a couple of months until the diploma ... Love you all ... Bisous, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it is so amazing how one moment there just born and the next they are getting teeth or getting ready for the first 2 to come out! The same teeth that Madeline has now are about to get pulled today or try anyway with madisn! Its her first teeth to come out and they are both pretty loose together kinda makes me nervous and sad and happy! I feel like its her officially not being little anymore! I am so glad yall are doing well. Madeline is so cute with the teeth! I love it! Julie and Madisyn

    ReplyDelete