Since all crazy isn't bad crazy I thought I'd share these less than depressing Only in New York moments:
1. A 6 or so year old girl carrying her yorkie dog in what looked like one of the baby carriers. Turns out they make them for dogs. I tried to get a picture but I missed it. This is kind of what it looked like
Beyond cute.
2. A man with down syndrome standing in front of the subway playing a mean guitar and singing and dancing. He didn't look homeless or sick, just seemed like he was having a little party, trying to lighten people's day. He wasn't particularly talented but watching him have fun still made me smile.
3. The woman in our neighborhood who walks her two dogs everyday, but by walk I mean push in a baby stroller. A real baby stroller, not a dog stroller.
Though it rarely seems to happen, especially in our corner of the Bronx, there are definitely little moments when saying Only in New York makes you smile and reminds you that it isn't always an awful thing to live with 8.4 million other people. We can't all be sane all the time.
FROM NANNY: Lindsay, you are great and sweet. Love you.
ReplyDelete