Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Black/White

DSC_0593

Lately I've been on a painting kick. Blame it on too much HGTV and Better Homes and Gardens, or blame it on the fact that I've been putting this off for years. To start with, I painted the little mail/junk table by our front door black. To make it match, because Derek wanted everything to match despite the fact that nothing else in our house matches, I painted the dry erase board we hang by the door black as well. I thought I wanted to paint all the living room furniture black, but after just one table, I realized all that black might be a little too much, so we're keeping our mismatched furniture for now.

image

This picture is from my phone. I kind of love the black and it definitely looks much better compared to the awful whitish paint from before.

So then I decided I'd finally repaint all my white furniture in the living room so that it is actually white. The coffee table our TV sits on and my end table (as well as the table by the front door that I painted black) were all left at my old condo when we bought it. I guess the girl who owned the condo had tried to paint the furniture but she seriously failed. Plus, she had somehow split open one of those light up sticks (that you break open and glow) on the coffee table and there is this weird orange/yellow tint to it. I also decided to repaint my nightstand. I've had it since I was like 13 and it was pretty beat up.

Here are before and after pictures of the end table. I haven't done the coffee table yet and nightstand isn't dramatic enough to show off.

Before (I started painting before I remembered to take a picture):

DSC_0596

During:

DSC_0595

After:

DSC_0597

I can't wait to do the coffee table now!

1 comment:

  1. looks great! i'm very impressed lindsay! mom

    ReplyDelete