Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just call me Susie

Because I'm on my way to being the perfect housewife.

Painting - Check
Scrapbooking - Check
Baking - Double Check
Homemade Icing - Check
Now if only I could master cleaning. Ha.

I made my first homemade bread! Its the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Bread. I was super nervous since I've never even worked with yeast before, but it really wasn't all that bad. The waiting game is kind of annoying, but totally worth it. Next time I'll have to add a little more cinnamon and sugar because I don't think mine is quite as sweet. I think I also rolled it a little thick compared to PW's, so the taste isn't quite what I wanted. Derek and I made some honey butter (with Maine hunny!) and it is so yummy on top.

DSC_0604

DSC_0607 

Then I made a blackberry cake with my first successful homemade buttercream icing. I kind of winged it and threw in lots of vanilla and honey and it was so yummy. I promise it tasted better than it looked.

 

DSC_0622

2 comments:

  1. From Nanny Annick: Congratulations, both confections looked so yummy. And also it's great that you keep so busy with 'projects', how about 'Navy Boy' to help with the cleaning ? Bisous, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. both look soooo good! Who would've thunk?
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete