D and I left GA at 4 AM yesterday. We got home around 8 PM, just in time for the National Championship game, though we missed most of the first quarter because we had to unload the car. Leaving was really sad, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't beyond excited about taking a shower in MY shower and sleeping in MY bed. Those are two things I always miss, no matter how nice the shower or bed is wherever I'm staying.
We saw snow the whole way home, got multiple calls about all the snow in GA and AL, and saw a few flurries this morning/afternoon. We were really lucky to miss all the bed snow mess. The drive home was sunny and perfect the whole way...minus the crazy amount of trucks on I-81. It was like every truck in the world was on the interstate with us.
Both of us are sore and exhausted, so we've spent the day talking about how we REALLY need to go to the store (we have a completely empty fridge...no lie...there is nothing in there except for water bottles and some condiments) and how all this stuff needs to be unpacked. Needless to say, we've done none of the things we needed to do. Instead, we've eaten leftover poptarts, watched tv, and played GuitarHero. There is always tomorrow right?
So because a lot of people have asked to see, I thought I'd share some of the AMAZING presents we were given. We truly couldn't have asked for a better Christmas.
---I don't have a picture of ours, so this is a stock picture, but we got a Wii and Wii Fit! Its hooked up and we're already loving it!
----We got a Crock Pot!!!!!! Pot Roast here I come. We also got a book full of Crock Pot recipes that I can't wait to try. Turns out you really can cook anything in it. Technically, I think these were anniversary presents though. The game, the digital picture frame, and the book were all x-mas presents as well. Ad Hoc at Home is Thomas Keller's new cookbook and was my anniversary present to Derek.
----For Christmas Derek got this red and black hand knitted (I think its knitted at least) blanket from my Dad's co-worker. Dad had her make an orange and blue one for me a few years ago and Derek loved it, except for the color. Now he has his own. It was a complete and total surprise too...he wasn't expecting to get anything!
My parents surprised us both with this:
---A 10 piece Le Creuset set!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm scared to use it (don't want to mess it up) but I can't wait to cook something with it. So pretty!! We also got a cast iron skillet from Derek's mom and a new really nice non stick skillet from my grandparents. Derek also got a hand blender, which he wanted for some reason. I'd say ask him but he never posts.
My mom also gave me this beauty, since she never uses it (also a stock photo)...
---I can guarantee it will be getting plenty of use here. I can't believe I have one! And Le Creuset. I think its safe to say our kitchen is finally well stocked. Too bad there is no food to cook tonight.
---Derek's mom had this print framed for us and we love it! Its called Manhattan!!! By Tony Graham. It has a scavenger hunt around the edges and has all these historic NYC places marked. It is really neat.
We got a bunch of other stuff that we love as well, like the super comfy bathrobe I've pretty much worn 24/7 since we've been home, but I don't have pictures of it all. We couldn't have been luckier or more blessed with all the amazing gifts people gave us. Just being able to see everyone was a gift in and of itself.
It'll be back to a new routine on Tuesday, when Derek starts his new semester. Hopefully this house will get cleaned up eventually in the meantime.
No comments:
Post a Comment