Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Derek's hair through the years

I was inspired to show you guys Derek's hair transforming through the years, at least since I've known him. He has some pretty hilarious pre-high school haircuts (mullet, bowlcut, bald spot, etc...) but I don't have any of those pictures on my computer. He should be grateful. The military is my best friend since they make him keep his hair short and his face shaven. He can pull off the 5 o'clock shadow look but the full facial hair is not my favorite. I dread the day he gets out and decides to stop shaving. Though I do kind of miss his long hair sometimes.

 

Starting with typical Derek in about 10th -11th grade. It was shorter when we first met but it stayed pretty long after 9th grade.

04 BAND CUT OUT FROM SCRAPBOOK

Then there was this awful long hair red goatee stage that lasted for what seemed like forever...probably from 12th grade until right before he went to boot camp

DSC_0027 

Here it is in full beard and mustache stage. I guess he was trying to look like Ari, or Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

DSC_0454 DSC_0442

Then when he decided to join the military, he had the brilliant idea to shave his head, but keep the facial hair. This lasted for a little while, since his boot camp date kept getting pushed back.

DSC_0539

He finally left for boot camp and  I got my handsome husband back.

DSC_1096

Isn't he just so cute when you can see his face?

No comments:

Post a Comment