Monday, January 18, 2010

Breaking in the Kitchen Aid

I got my first chance to use the Kitchen Aid Mixer in our house! I made pound cake, because I randomly found a bundt pan while cleaning the cabinet and the Pioneer Woman posted this recipe right after I found the pan. It was called perfect pound cake and it was pretty prefect. The only thing I didn't do was add the butter extract...it was buttery enough and we couldn't find the extract anyway. I tried to document it, but I got lazy. I also thought I messed up the butter and needlessly threw it away and started over, which put a kink in the documenting.

Here it is anyway

DSC_1039

The ingredients - starring butter and the kitchen aid mixer!

DSC_1043

Before

DSC_1044

After

DSC_1047

Yummy!

I made Derek a raspberry sauce to put on top and I cut up strawberries and sprinkled them with sugar for me.

Next baking adventure - black and white cookies.

And expect a post from Derek himself soon! He is suppose to be documenting his attempts at duck confit and cassoulet. Can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment