Saturday, October 10, 2009

Football season in the North

Is rather anti-climatic. I read on a message board about NYC that, "true New Yorkers don't like college football." They are missing out big time.

Derek volunteered to work at his school's football games running the scoreboard. I don't like being alone, but its worked out, because I've been able to watch the Auburn game in peace the last 2 weekends. I was so excited to finally watch us play, but I think I'm a bad luck charm, because we're losing HUGE right now. The last two games I got to watch were rough as well, even though we won.

Derek's games are apparently really boring - either his team wins big, or they lose big. I think he likes getting to watch football live though, even if it isn't the best team ever.

Nothing too exciting is happening around here. Derek made all A's on his first round of test; he is doing so well with school right now.

Oh - random funny story:

A few weeks ago Derek had to go to the dermatologist because he had this bump on this shoulder. So we get there, wait for forever, and when we finally go back the nurse and the doctor are both shocked that we're married. They kept saying we were too young and what not. It was kind of funny.

The really funny part was that after he checked Derek out, the doctor was like, "Usually people need to see a dermatologist once a year and fair people need to see them twice a year, and you're practically albino, so you definitely need to come see me again." I was a little taken aback, since  he was so blunt about it, but it was also pretty funny. Derek laughed about it. The thing on his shoulder was nothing - just some raised scar tissue. I don't know why our crazy regular doctor couldn't tell him that...oh wait...its because he is crazy.

I wish I had more exciting things to write about. Right now, we're just counting down to Thanksgiving and my family visiting, and then being able to go home for Christmas. Won't get here soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. we can't wait! it's going to be great to see where you guys live and also spend time in the city. we'll help with the food cost and as much of the meal as derek will allow! i know he can cook so it's going to be great!! love you guys, mom

    ReplyDelete