Monday, October 19, 2009

Adventures in grooming

I decided to groom the dog myself, despite Derek's objections. I have to admit, he was right, it was not a good idea. Even Bob gives better dog haircuts! I wish you guys could see it in person...it is awful! He looks like he has some weird mange like disease. I didn't shave his head, so it is super puffy and huge next to his body...looks like he has a bobble head. Thank god for this ridiculously cute sweater that covers up 80% of the horrific haircut. Plus, there is dog hair everywhere now. I sweep, put everything away, turn around, and suddenly there is more hair. The  "grooming kit" I bought had a how-to video that made this whole thing look a lot easier. But, they only showed you how to groom a poodle and a cocker spaniel. They didn't mention a knotted, hairy, Maltese who wanted to sit and/or run the whole time.

I didn't remember to take a before picture, so this will have to do.

DSC_0419

The "I'm so embarrassed...I hate you" look

DSC_0427

DSC_0428

The pile of hair..it seemed much bigger last night. Of course, half of it was on the floor.

DSC_0425

Showing off his new adorable sweater (Derek hates it and says it girly but I think that makes it even more appropriate)

DSC_0429

 

 DSC_0430

 

This is not my last grooming attempt...but it may be my last attempt for awhile.

 

And a bonus...it was so cold I had to break out the penguin suit! I had on sweats underneath and two pairs of socks too. It makes you look GIGANTIC, but it keeps you warm. Derek surprised me with the camera.

DSC_0422

1 comment: