Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New goal

Actually figure out this formatting thing and get this blog looking decent. I've been ignoring so many things I wanted to do, for no good reason. If there is any time to practice taking pictures, figure out how to do this blogging thing, workout, scrapbook (well, that I can't afford to do right now), it is right now. Its been 5 months since we moved here (wow...time seriously went by so fast) and I've accomplished nothing but 16ish job applications, one unsuccessful interview (which was an amazing job opportunity but in a super dangerous area, so it wasn't going to work out), and...well that is it. Unless you count the ridiculous amount of parentheses I used in this post. There are no more excuses for not doing all the things I put off while I was "too busy" working and going to school.

I want an elliptical and a Kitchen Aid mixer and a camera lens and piles and piles and piles of scrapbook stickers. And I want them now! *Cue Oompa Loompa song about spoiled children* But, mostly I want a job, so I can want things without feeling guilty or disappointed knowing I can't afford them.

On the bright side, Derek and I have an actual plan for my graduate school. Hopefully it all works out, but I have a feeling my feelings about the whole thing my change before next fall. We shall see.

And, on an even brighter side, we're planning our first Thanksgiving meal! I'm super nervous about cooking for everybody, but Derek is an amazing cook and I'm positive whatever he makes will turn out wonderful. The menu keeps growing longer and longer and I have to keep reminding myself that we're only cooking for 7 people, not all of NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment