But did I listen? No. Of course I didn't. I just knew I wanted to live up North. And now its 45 degrees outside and feels like its 33 with the wind chill and its 55 in our house and I'm freezing. Two pairs of socks cold. Time to break out the penguin suit cold. Time to actually suck it up and put the heat on despite the fact that we just lowered our electric/gas bill to a reasonable price cold.
Ok. Maybe I'm over reacting but Derek and I were both completely unprepared for the weather to turn so cold...especially as quickly as it has. And this weekend is our first official Northeaster (whatever that means...) after all. Even Ari is freezing, despite the thick cushy 5 lbs of hair he has. He doesn't even want to go pee outside. Is normal for it to be this cold in October? I need some new cold weather shoes ASAP.
Fortunately (or unfortunately) Derek has some NROTC stuff he has to do ridiculously late tonight (ok, 8:45 isn't ridiculously late, but its Friday night and its not fair!) and early tomorrow, so we can't venture out of the house too much. Saturday I wanted to try to go to a mall upstate and then Sunday we're thinking about going to the Apple Day festival downtown. We'll see if that happens though. Walking around outside isn't my highest priority at the moment.
For now, its PJs, blankets, and hot chocolate time.
No comments:
Post a Comment