Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Victory is ours..

For now at least, things are going well. Or, I should say, things are getting better. Little chunky baby is sleeping more during the day and is only cluster feeding in the early evening/night. The last 4 days have been formula free and I feel so proud of both of us for breastfeeding so well. We have a nice little schedule where the baby goes to sleep at about 1230 AM and wakes up between 430 and 530 AM. She usually sleeps another 2-4 hours, eats and plays around for an hour or so, and then sleeps for another 3ish hours before we both even get out of the bed. That means I get a good 5 hours of sleep and a few more hours of ok sleep (because she is usually sleeping on or beside me and it makes me kind of paranoid, so I don’t sleep as well). Lately she’ll take another nap or two during the day but around 5 PM she starts cluster feeding and I’m basically stuck in one spot breastfeeding her until 1230 PM again. Honestly, the sleep I get in the bed and the fact that she isn’t crying all the time anymore makes the marathon feeding session so much more tolerable. I mean its not enjoyable by any means but I don’t feel like biting everyone’s head off. We’ve also been out of the house more than unusual the past few days, which is exhausting, but also makes me feel like a real person and not some creepy caveman house dweller who never sees the sun. It also means we’re getting better at breastfeeding in public, or at least I’m starting to feel a little more comfortable with it. At this point, if you see the side of my boob, I don’t even care…don’t want to see it, don’t look. I’m not flashing people by any means but sometimes slip ups happen and I realize now its something I can’t  be too worried or self conscious about because it just makes everything so much more stressful. I’ve learned the more stressed and up tight I am, the more stressed and up tight the baby is, which makes it harder on both of us.

Anyway, I’m hoping we’ re past whatever terrible stage we were in and I hoping another one doesn’t come anytime soon. I’ve enjoyed the last 4 days of being a mommy way more than the last week and half, that is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. From Nanny in Fairburn
    Dear Lindsay - what a relief to read your last mail, you are such a good and brave mom. I think of you often and I know little Madeline is thriving. Love and kisses, greatgrandmother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear of this now and that you got through it! Cant wait to see her! Julie

    ReplyDelete