Little baby turned one month on the 8th. I can’t believe its been 4 whole weeks, but at the same time it feels like she has been with us forever.
At her one month appointment she weighed a staggering 9lbs 10 oz. and was 22 and 3/4 inches long. She is smiling all the time now, especially in the morning, and is getting to be a pro at holding her head up. The last few days she has been more and more alert and loves looking around (the couch, the ceiling, any source of light seem to be endlessly fascinating). She is having some spit up and gas problems which have kept her awake a little as well. She loves, loves, loves “swimming” in the bath and kicks her legs pretty much 24/7. She has started cooing and making little noises and her crazy is definitely changing a little. Her hair has gotten a little lighter but her eyes are still blue. We’re getting a little better at eating but its still a struggle sometimes and we have no schedule whatsoever. Hmm..what else can I say. I feel like she is growing up too fast already!
I have no good pictures of her recently because she fusses or won’t look at me and since we have not been sleeping much, I haven’t had the patience to wait.
modeling my socks from France
hanging out with lolly
Lindsay: I cried, the pictures are the sweetest and I was moved to see baby and your Mom. You must be a great mother if she is responding so well with her health and smiles and all, and for you, how are you doing ? And Derek ? we want to hear from all of you but of course Madeline is first in your heart, your thoughts, your every day and every minute of your life. Thank you for being so tender in your writing about her, I send you my love and I am so proud to have a couple of pictures to e-mail to my family in France, who ask often about your little family. Love and kisses and hello to your Mother, what a treat that she is there with you. Nanny from Fairburn Saturday morning, August 13, 2011
ReplyDeletelove the pix except the one of me in it. i would have said no to that but you knew it! i loved being there. i miss her already. thanks for having me.
ReplyDeletedid you tell nanny about the beautiful raincoat and book family in france sent? it was so sweet and special! lucky madeline.....she must learn french! love you so much, mom