1. Hurricane Irene is expected to hit us later tonight. We’ve done about everything to get ready that we can and now we’re just hoping it isn’t too bad. I’m keeping my fingers crossed we don’t go without power for long, because there is a 99.9% chance my already sleep deprived uncomfortable body might just give up (or I’ll lose my mind…or both), but we heard that they are shutting power off in Manhattan tonight as a precaution. Pretty impressive when the weather can shut down NYC’s transportation and power and cause a massive evacuation.
2. I quit my job on Thursday. It was bittersweet.
3. Baby had her first trip into the “City” yesterday. She pretty much slept the entire time. She did have some minor fits on the subway, a few times when we stopped walking, and her first taxi ride wasn’t all smiles and giggles, but for the most part she did really well. She loved riding the bus. We took lots of pictures that we will have to post after the hurricane.
I think I had more to add but I can’t remember it, so that is all for now. We’ll update after Irene is gone.
From Nanny in Fairburn: IRENE - I thought of you three, I watched several several weather reports and I prayed and prayed that all would be well - Lyndsey sent a text - she was at my house aroung 1:30pm - and I was so relieved to hear that you were okay, no power shortage, only water (a lake ?) in the yard. I am glad you were prepared, I thought you would be of course. I do believe,if I was a little baby I wouldn't like New York all that much either ... but she didn't do so badly after all. Thanks for sharing. Love you, Nanny
ReplyDelete