I’m super late reporting this but this past week Derek went to Washington DC for his nuke interview, which he passed! Now he is officially accepted to be a nuclear officer!
I’m relieved this step is over but while he was there they put down choices for what month they wanted to leave NYC to go to SC after graduation, which makes me realize our time here is almost over. I’m so excited to be closer to home and back in the south, especially in such a neat place, and to leave all the stuff I hate about being here. At the same time, this is the first place we lived together, our baby was born here, and there is a lot to love about this place, so I’m kind of sad to leave. We have a lot to shove into the next year and I’m really looking forward to doing all the stuff we want to do up here before we leave for good!
From Nanny in Fairburn:
ReplyDeleteFelicitations! I am overwhelmed, I don't know what to say, of course, I am immensely proud of Derek's accomplishments but when I think of the responsibilities that he will face, I want to cry for my 'little Derek'. And you, dear Lindsay, who will stand by him with little Madeline, you are also the hero of the family. I will want to know more but thank you for this blog it is the lifeline to my heart. Love to the three of you. Nanny