Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hawaii!

At the time I'm writing this it is almost July, which means this was 6 months ago and I can hardly remember all of it. 

We left GA on December 13th. Getting through the airport was a mess, with the luggage guys giving us a hard time, me flipping out, and Madeline popping up with a high fever. Poor kid was so sick, but thankfully we managed to buy some kids Tylenol (barely…it was seriously minutes before boarding), even if she didn't want to take it. We all got settled in for the long 10 hour flight. It actually went a lot better than we expected. Madeline slept for a much larger portion of the flight than I ever thought she would, probably because of the crazy fever. She only got out of the car seat to go to the bathroom and let me change her diaper. Otherwise, she sat, watched her TV, ate and was basically a god send of a child. I don't think she even nursed a single time. Got to the airport and we were the last people to get our luggage because I had to change myself and Madeline and we got lost walking through the airport. Then we were greeted by some guys from Derek's boat and our old family friends, who brought us gorgeous leis. We went back to the hotel and started the lonnnggg process of adjusting to the time zone. 

IMG 3836

IMG 3838

The only pictures I took from that long day. Our pretty leis and Madeline passed out on the plane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment