Monday, July 7, 2014

Christmas in hawaii

Christmas was spent in our tiny hotel room, desperately trying to make the day something special for Madeline. We looked at what would soon become our house on Christmas Eve and then I think we cooked…I can't really remember. It took us forever to get her to sleep in her room while I tried to wrap the presents and I'm almost positive she saw everything in advance because if we didn't buy it while she was in the store, she snooped for it in the room. Either way, I think we were semi successful. We decorated a pineapple instead of a tree and Madeline kept calling it the christmas pumpkin for some reason. She loved it so much that I'm making a yearly tradition now. 

Our stockings…Madeline got 2, one to decorate and one that sparkled. We let her color all 3 of the white ones with whatever she wanted. They aren't the nicest, but they are our first stockings as a family, and I love that they have her drawing all over them. IMG 3918

Madeline and the christmas pineapple. You'll notice a super full leaky diaper because we are terrible parents. Or she just spilled something all over herself. Either way. , the best pictures we have of her by the pineapple are sans diaper and I can't post them. 

IMG 3935

IMG 3939

IMG 3945

IMG 3946

IMG 3948

IMG 3955

A letter Madeline wrote to Ethan, that I think I lost before I ever mailed it. 

IMG 3957

Christmas gifts from Santa! Madeline didn't really seem to totally understand the whole Santa thing before hand, but she certainly got it afterwards, and hasn't stopped talking about Santa since. 

IMG 3977

Christmas Day. We opened presents then went downstairs to the really nice buffet the hotel hosted. It was so awesome to have some kind of special breakfast, especially since we didn't really have the ability to cook. I think we went to the beach, but honestly, I can't remember what else happened that day. Which is super sad and the reason I write everything in this blog in the first place. It involved a lot of toy opening and playing though. And special princess christmas pajamas that were way too hot for HI!

IMG 3979

IMG 3983

Was it the perfect Christmas? No. Was it one I'll always (sort of) remember and laugh about. Absolutely. It was also our first Christmas as just the 3 of us and we won't have Derek with us for the next one, so it will always hold an extra special place in my heart for those reasons. 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment