Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Moments with Madeline Monday

I haven't been great about writing down the things she has said this week, but here are a few cute things I remember...

I can't quite capture the way she says lemonade, but it sounds something like, "lemamade"

She is really into Doc McStuffins and has been using a hand me down pretend vet kit to give everyone check ups. I decided to buy her a real Doc McStuffins doctor kit and have had approximately 100 check ups in 2 days. She has found a bird and snake in my ear and mouth and also a snake in my belly. Her doctor kit was the first thing she asked for this morning. The best part is the way she says heartbeat. She wants to listen to your "heart beep". 

I caught a great video of her reading to her baby dolls that I can't figure out how to share on here. It was so cute. 

She has brought up our disney trip pretty much every day since we've been home. She loves to tell us about the rides and characters. I'm so glad (and pretty impressed) that she remembers so much. 

We finally turned her car seat around because she was almost at the limit for rear facing height in her seat. I'm not totally comfortable with it for safety reason, but I also am not a fan for personal reasons I. When she faced behind me, she would talk, but not nearly as much as she does when she can see me facing forward. The car use to be my quiet time, but it looks like those days are gone. I'm also not convinced she will sleep in the seat this way and it is harder for her to hold things in her lap, since her legs dangle and can't be propped up anymore. I think she likes facing forward, but I also think she would be ok turning around again. 

Derek left on Saturday for sub school in CT. Madeline announced she missed him that night and Sunday morning woke up saying she was ready to go on the airplane to daddy and then ran around looking for him. So sad. She is such a trooper and is use to him being gone, so I think she is handling it pretty well right now. Today has been a little hard for me because we had such a late night last night (I'll explain  that story next) but otherwise we've been pretty good. I think we are use to not seeing him for 7 days at a time, so I'm curious to see how we will both feel when it comes time for our normal daddy/break time and he isn't here. 

So last night I let Madeline go to bed with a pair of glow stick glasses. She called from her room saying she wanted water, which she has never done before, so I went in there with water and immediately smelled something funny. I went to give her a kiss and her mouth smelled like weird toothpaste, so I looked in her crib, and she had broken and I guess swallowed some if the stuff inside the glow stick. So on daddy's second night gone, mommy had to call poison control for the first time.  They told me they get calls like that constantly and that it may cause her some discomfort, but it was no big deal. I was told to let her drink a lot of water and eat a Popsicle. My lips felt funny just from kissing her, so i assumed her mouth must feel weird, and I felt guilty, so she ended up staying up until 11 eating and drinking. Then she woke up bright and early anyway. Oh, and she also fell out of the car trying to get out all by herself. She ended up needing a band aid in her hand, and she had some minor scrapes on her legs, but it could have been much worse. Yay for me...mother of the year.  


Saying good bye to daddy :( 


Dressed up for football in honor of daddy


Checking for a heart beep

Giving Alice a ride on her "horse". Alice had to wear a seatbelt. 


We spend hours doing this
Alice's new princess stroller




No comments:

Post a Comment