I don’t have any “formal” 15 month shots because I’m out of stickers and Madeline won’t sit still long enough to have her picture taken. I’m going to try later this week and see if I can’t get some, but I’m not keeping my fingers crossed. Instead, here are far too many pictures that document the past 3 months. I wanted to document her growth despite taking the same pictures because this stuff isn’t getting written down anywhere, my memory isn’t what it use to be, and I know one day I’ll want to look back on it. Plus, it’s a good way to let everyone know what is going on (if anyone is still reading after my ridiculously long hiatus).
Brushing her hair, with the toothbrush and pulling all the DVD’s off the shelf instead of going to bed (thankfully she has outgrown the need to pull everything down)
Budding photographer (she loves putting straps around her neck like necklaces) and baby butt because she has started taking her diaper off on occasion
At her 15th month appointment, Madeline weighed 23.9 pounds and was 32 inches long. She is in the 95 percentile in height but only the 65 percentile in weight. She moves constantly, so its no wonder she is a skinny little thing. She snacks all day but getting real meals is difficult since she doesn’t want to sit still long enough to eat too much at one time. She is really interested in whatever we are eating, loves to share with us, and is really getting interested and somewhat skilled at using utensils (and by somewhat I mean she can get food in her mouth roughly 1 in 10 times she tries). She is still nursing but it isn’t that often and she is finally drinking more cow’s milk, though she still isn’t up to what they want them to drink. I don’t think it sits well with her stomach because she will throw up if she drinks too much. We substitute with A LOT of cheese and yogurt, which are two of her favorites, and she gets a “moothie” (smoothie) every morning now. I don’t think her food preferences have changed all that much; she still loves fruit, carrots, cherries (it is adorable to hear her say that word), cheese and yogurt, bread and butter pickles (I think that is new actually), grits (also new), and of course, ice cream..her favorite.
Chef in training …she loves to stir stuff
She seems to be going through phases where her teeth really bother and then it goes away. We were really struggling with her first molar, but it doesn’t seem to be giving her a hard time anymore, though I’m pretty sure it hasn’t cut through the gum yet. It can be hazardous to your health to stick your finger in there and check so I’m biasing that off my last attempt, which involved almost losing a finger. It looks like her canines are also getting ready to come in soon.
Walking with a “mmmooothieee”...it combines her two favorite things
I turned around for 5 seconds and she was in my driver’s seat…she climbed up there all by herself
Madeline had a little scare that resulted in her second trip to urgent care and her first X-ray (the first was for her eczema) because I thought she might have swallowed a staple. She hadn’t and I was over reacting but better safe than sorry right? We have had a few fevers and stuffy noses around her and some stubborn eczema behind her knees and in her elbows, but for the most part she has been healthy and happy.
More cooking and Daddy’s idea of a good hair style
Playing with phones, which she can work like a pro, and eating with chopsticks for the first time
Scaling the bookshelf has happened more than once…what a monkey
She walks and runs like a pro but still has her cute toddler clumsiness, though she has lost her waddle She talks non stop now, mostly non sense, but she is picking up a new word every day. Now she says cheerios, smoothie, baby, all done, up, bath (sort of), water (though it sounds like aqua), shoes, bubbles, lets go, wow, crackers, mine, three (I got one, two, three and she also yells out three) …… She also knows the horse says neigh, the cow says moo, and of course the dog says woof woof woof. I swear she said I love you for the first time yesterday.
Obsessed with coloring
Her favorite toy – the magna doodle and her first time at Monkey Joe’s (she lounged more than she jumped)
Madeline is obsessed with drawing and spends a lot of time doing that. She has crayons and a magna doodle that she loves. Recently, stickers have become a big hit. She was going through a block phase, where she played with legos and stacking blocks, but they aren’t her first choice anymore. Music is still a favorite as well. She has also started carrying around her baby, which is an old baby doll of mine, that she can hardly pick up. She wants it when she goes to sleep and likes the baby to get up with her and she’ll drag the poor doll around the house by the arm all day. She has also started sleeping with a light up turtle that she puts right next to her face at night.
Foam pitt at Rolly Polly playdate…not a big fan
Crazy kid eating
We fed cheerios to the ducks in our yard …she loves feeding animals, especially Ari.
Playing dress up with mommy and some sparkly pipe cleaners
Sharing a nap with Ari on the way home from Newnan
Big girl swing!
No comments:
Post a Comment