Sunday, April 15, 2012

Newport, RI

Derek attended NSI in Newport and he has been saying we need to go back since then, but the time was never right, until now. We stopped there on our way to Maine and spent the night at the Navy Lodge. It made for a perfect place to break up our drive and it was a really cute little town. There is an area with huge mansions, most of which are super old. You can tour a few of them and Derek is counting himself lucky that it was expensive, , a little cold, and the baby was asleep in the car, otherwise we would have been touring all day! Even the downtown area had houses from the 1700s. Maybe we will get a chance to go back.

It was a nice relaxing stop and we had fun seeing all the places Derek lived and sightseeing.

Since I only took photos on my phone the whole vacation is going to be blogged from my phone as well. I can't place the pictures and write what the are on the phone, but once I get them all posted, I'll try to fix it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment