Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lately

Lately my baby has:
-learned to say ball, though it comes out sounding only remotely close and rather southern
-said banana...sort of
-learned to say hi or hello and waves bye
-eaten matzo ball soup, pastrami, chopped liver, turkey meatballs, knish, ice cream,  chicken, and pretzel, lemon and lime (she didn't even flinch..in fact she shoved the whole lime slice in her mouth)
-managed to stand up on her own without holding on to anything
-fought every single nap or bedtime, unless her dad is here putting her to sleep
-learned to climb on and under things
-stopped playing with her favorite bath toys
-started pulling things off shelves...our DVDs and books now reside on the floor most of the time
-gotten her first top tooth...the upper left one has officially broken through
-learned to hold on with her legs when we pick her up
-produced more snot than I thought humanly possible
-stolen our hearts a little more every day

I know those are things I usually put in her monthly updates, but I feel like she is changing so quickly and so much is happening, so I have to write it down now or forget it.

I wonder when you stop wanting time to freeze. Probably somewhere around puberty.


2 comments:

  1. From Nanny in Fairburn - the video came out just great, I was so touched with Derek and baby Madeline both smiling. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time should freeze whenever school is about to start! Miss them being madelines age so much! We are about to go to kindegarten grad in about 1 month I know I am not gonna be able to hold it in! Madeline is so awesome and we love y'all! Ryan Julie Jakob and Maddy

    ReplyDelete