Wednesday, December 14, 2011

AMAZING

 

Today I can’t help but be thankful and amazed by my awesome family. Everyone knows Stephen King is my favorite author. He has been my favorite author since, like, middle school I think. My love for Maine was sparked by SK books, years before I had a chance to go there, the conclusion of the Dark Tower series made me cry, and I won’t rest until I own a copy of every novel (I’m only missing a few).

Well, Mr. King decided to go on a book tour and skip NYC (gah…why!?!) but he was doing a book signing in Atlanta. My amazing awesome beautiful handsome lovely smart wonderful parents decided to go wait in line all night in the freezing cold, just to make sure they got a wristband, which insured them a place in line at 7 PM, when SK would actually sign the book.

They went back later that night, stood in line again, and got a book signed for me! Not only that, they got video and pictures! Not only that, but my Mom talked to Mr. King himself and he touched her hand!!!!

AHHHH!!!

I’m beyond excited. They called me and told me all the details and I feel like I was there. I so badly wish I had been there myself but this was definitely the second best thing.

Thanks amazing awesome beautiful handsome lovely smart wonderful parents (and my super cool brother who went back with them that night). You made my day!

image

Signing!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150533435939416

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150533459229416

Two videos my Mom and brother got.

 

PS  - today was also an amazing day for little miss Madeline. I left her in the living room while I was in the kitchen talking to mom and doing dishes. I was in there for like 5 minutes when I turned around and saw her little face looking at me from the kitchen doorway, with a huge smile on her face. Somehow that little girl managed to crawl her way from the living room to the kitchen. I guess she was following my voice…maybe she thought I was talking to her and she just wanted to respond. It was pretty neat and scary at the same time; I can’t believe how mobile she is getting!

Coolest day ever.

1 comment: