Then we walked around A LOT. We went to see some places the book recommended and pretty much walked through Flatiron, Gramercy, and part of Chelsea. We went to a bunch of stores...Trixie and Peanut ( a cute but way overpriced pet store...I want to go back and get Ari a shirt that says "I'm not a girl"), Skyline Books, Books of Wonder (think that is what it is called), Atlantic Records (I think that is what it was called. We met this funny crazy lady who told Derek to never marry a Philippian women because her son was a Marine and has already married 4), a Cake and Bakery Shop (it was HUGE and amazing and I want to live there... I can't wait to go back and buy stuff one day), City Bakery (which we just peeked in because we're waiting to go until February when they have a different hot chocolate shot everyday of the month), and Chelsea Wine Vault (which has like 3,000 different bottles of wine and was pretty much Derek's paradise). I feel like I'm missing something, so I may update more when I can remember.
This was in Madison Square Park:
This crazy squirrel was so close to us but I never got a good picture of it. It pretty much walked right up to Derek. Animals here have no fear of humans.
Chelsea Wine Vault:
There are two bakeries right next to it and one is called Bad Witch Bakery (I think). It is suppose to have the best brownies in the city, so we'll definitely be going there next time we visit the wine vault (which will be next month according to Derek).
Les Halles:
Dinner was soooooooo delicious. I had steak frites (steak and fries), which is what they are famous for, and I can see why. It was just perfect. Derek had a classic cassoulet, which is more like a stew. It had beans, beef, sausage, "real" bacon, and some other meat. It was seriously delicious and kind of reminded me of red beans and rice. We also had rillettes as an appetizer and it was also really good. It is basically pork that they cook in pork fat and then they mix it until it looks kind of like tuna. You spread it on bread. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed everything. Definitely worth it.
makes me hungry to read this and everything is so pretty! love, mom
ReplyDelete