Tuesday, March 17, 2009

In one month...

I'll be jobless for the first time in 4 years. 10 days after that we will finally be on our way to New York!


Derek is doing ok. It is still pretty cold up there and they are still pretty restricted. This weekend was the first one since he has been there that he has gotten to use his cell phone all weekend, so that was exciting! It was nice to be able to talk whenever we want.
They took them to Boston to see the USS Constitution and do a walking tour of Boston. Derek said it was absolutely freezing. He was not pleased with that. They had their first midterm today, which means we're officially at the halfway mark!


I've finally finished painting the bathroom and baseboards and doors. I feel like I've been working on this apartment for years. Hopefully the cable with be fixed by Friday and then the only thing left to do is fix the toilet thing and pack. We thought we might have had an offer but still no news on it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.


I'm having trouble getting our taxes taking care of and it looks like I may have to make a special trip down to Newnan just for that. Oh well.


Aside from that, I think we've both just been counting down the days, waiting to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment