Monday, February 23, 2009

T-minus 2 months and 1 week...

Derek reported to Newport, RI this weekend for NSI. He drove all the way up there from Georgia and saw snow a couple times! I'm jealous. He spent the night in Roanoke, Va and I accidentally sent him to a gay bar to eat...oops! Turns out he was pretty popular there and was even sent a shot by a "well dressed man" at the other end of the bar. It was too funny.
He'll be in Rhode Island for the next 2 months and then we'll be moving to Long Island. We've decided on a leave date, April 28th. It is so bizarre to think that after all this time, almost 5 years, we'll finally be living in the same state again. I'm terrified to leave but excited to start on this new adventure together (cue sappy music).
Right now they aren't letting the guys use their cell phones, but they're suppose to have weekends off, so hopefully he'll be able to call this weekend. If not, they should be getting them back in a week or two, and I can update what is happening with him.
Until then...I promised wedding pictures:





wtos6 wtos7

wtos8

wtos9 

wtos10

Cutting the cake at Redneck Gourmet...yeah, we're klassy.

wtos11

wtos14

My family: Me, Mom, Derek, Ben, Gran, Gradad, Dad, and my friend Ashley

wtos13

Derek's family: Me, Derek, Derek's Mom, Bob, Buscha (sp?), Lyndsey, Lyndsey's friend Ellen, and JazJaz (definitely not spelled right...)

No comments:

Post a Comment