Tuesday, March 31, 2009

18 different kinds of good news

1. Derek gets to call at night now!!!! That could be the best kind of news ever. It means no more sitting on the computer for hours waiting for an email or keeping my gmail open and visible at all times. Mostly it'll just be nice to hear him say goodnight and I love you before bed again. This counts for about 14 of my 18 kinds of good news.

2. We got a new apartment!!!

Derek decided he didn't want to live in base housing last week. While I wish he hadn't waited until one month before our move to change his mind, I can't say I blame him. It would have been over an hour commute each way over a crazy expensive jammed with traffic toll road.

So, after a frantic google search, I found a place close to his school, we applied, Derek talked the guy into accepting us, he faxed in the lease today, and now we are officially residents of the Bronx. Or we will be on May 1st.

Now I can say I really did live in NYC - not just Long Island. So what if we're closer to Long Island then Manhattan? New York is New York.

3. This place comes with a washer and dryer!!! I can't even explain how glad I am we don't have to buy them ourselves. I did not want to worry about it yet. I'm even happier we don't have to use a laundry "facility."

4. This place also comes with private beach access! So it isn't the type of pretty beach we're use to...it is still a beach.

Of course, for all the good news, there are some negatives.

We'll be paying out the butt for this place and it is about double what another 2 bed/2 bath up there would be. It is suppose to be fairly roomy though and has lots of amenities and is in a safe area (I think), so I'm willing to pay it.

Also, I've lost the top to my downy fabric softner ball. How many places could that go? I guess the washer ate it.

Or perhaps some of these strangers who keep coming to my apartment but are not buying it had a secret plan and stole it, knowing full well how devastated I would be because my clothes no longer smell wonderful.

That is another piece of bad news - no offers yet. I know it is unrealistic to think in 3 weeks someone would make an offer, but I just don't want to leave this place unsold. I also want my puppy back (he is with my parents since he can't be here when the realtor is showing the place and I can't always hide him).

Over all though - the good news out weighs the bad.

28 days until the move! Starting at midnight we're officially in the moving month. So weird.

Oh...and someone needs to convince Derek to come on and write about his day trip to Boston over the weekend. He saw a lot of neat stuff...like a $35,000 Rubic's Cube.

1 comment:

  1. Ari is on a walk with his granddad and auntie Emma. He says hello and he misses you. his grandmother misses you too. LOVE! XXOO

    ReplyDelete