I couldn't come up with a better title for this. I really don't have much to say but I feel like I should write something. This whole blog needs to be a little funnier I think. I'm not good at funny. Derek will be funny, when he chooses to post. I have a sneaking suspicion that he has forgotten all about this site though.
Hmm...
1 month and 4 days until we move!!!
Want to see a map of our route? Or at least the route I think we'll take.. There is an insert map option so I'm going to use it. Never mind - this only lets me insert a map of one spot. That is dumb. Here is a "map" of Auburn's stadium.
Here is a link to the mapquest version of our route:
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/7-wZUK
I'm bummed that didn't work out.
So I guess the plan is to drive up there together in the moving truck and leave my car in Newnan. Then we'll pick up my car in Newnan in August when I come down for Ashely's wedding and drive it back together. Derek was going to try and avoid taking classes the second summer term, since he didn't have to, but now he thinks he will. I was planning on actually having a little road trip on the second drive back up there, since we won't have a big truck or a deadline, so we could see some Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives restaurants and stop in and visit family. But, he'll probably have to be back by Monday, which means leaving Saturday afternoon I'm sure, unless we plan on driving it all Sunday and that doesn't sound appealing. It also means no Disney :( He promises to take me to Maine this summer though.
Oh! Ari has a mild case of kennel cough we think. Took him to the vet and they said they didn't hear anything on his lungs, called it kennel cough anyway, and gave him some cough suppressants. Going to the vet clinic here is ridiculous sometimes. The students don't know what they're doing half the time and the doctors aren't there long enough to make a real diagnosis. I'm glad something really serious isn't wrong with him.
Everytime we go there about 5 students have to come in the room and feel Ari's kneecaps. He has a thing called luxating patellas, where his knee caps pop in and out, on both knees and it is really obvious. Apparently they all need to feel that and the doctor feels the need to explain it to me, even though I've told them a million times I already know.
Anyway, they stand there and pop his knees in and out and in and out. He doesn't act like it hurts but he doesn't act like it hurts when they take his temperature up his butt, and I'm sure that doesn't feel great. He is such a good pup like that - he just stands there while they do whatever to him. It bothers me because when they pop in and out they irritate the tendons surrounding his knee, and I've had to put him on medication before because the irritation got so bad he was limping. I certainly don't want to take another trip back there because they bothered his knees.
I go there because it is right across the street and really super cheap. That is also why I take him to the groomer I take him to, but no more of that either. He got kennel cough and they didn't even comb out his tangles and I had to pay almost 20 dollars! Ridiculous.
Enough complaining.
Derek update:
He got to actually drink this weekend! It was a milestone...almost as big as when he got to drink coke and coffee again. That boy loves his caffeine.
I was happy for him though because he finally got to have an enjoyable, relaxing weekend. Nothing up there has been super stressful but it has been a lot of sitting around not allowed to do anything for no good reason, which would drive anyone crazy. He has read more books in the past month then he has in like 4 years...no joke. He is going through them like crazy.
He was suppose to go to New York on Saturday, because they FINALLY get off base liberty, but now that isn't happening. He can't go next weekend either, so I guess he won't make it over there.
I guess I had more to say then I thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment