Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you tomorrow...

Derek finally comes home tomorrow night!

He graduated on Friday and went to see our new apartment on Saturday. He said it was really nice and really roomy with a huge closet, so I'm definitely relieved. On the downside, he said there were a lot of stairs. Hopefully it won't be anything dramatic and Mom will still be able to get in and out pretty easily.

After he went to see the apartment he drove to upstate New York to visit some of his friends from A School and he is spending today there. Monday he'll drive back down to NYC, check into his command, get a parking pass, do something other business type stuff, and then get on a plane and come home.

My last day of work was Friday. It was completely anticlimactic. I did feel a little sad and the thought that this means I'm leaving Auburn soon was a little overwhelming, but it passed. I'm sure it'll be back - it comes in waves.

We leave in 10 days. It is sneaking up for sure. I just hope we have enough time to get everything done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment