The beginning of July brought Madeline's third birthday and it might have been the most fun we've had yet. While we didn't have a party, Madeline had a package from friends and family back home almost every day for a month. She was definitely not lacking in love from the mainland. Since her actual birthday was on a week day, she and I celebrated that day with doughnuts for breakfast, time outside with her new water table (that daddy set up the night before), cupcakes at the park with friends, opening presents on FaceTime with Lolly and Pops, and a two hour long trip to toys r us, where she bought her long awaited scooter and a million other things I didn't intend on buying her. That night, we opened presents with daddy and had a cinderella cake and strawberry cake (yes, two, because while the cinderella cake was requested in advance, the strawberry cake was requested on site. They were both small (total $20 for both) and neither was finished, but it was worth it for her reaction.
Passed out after toys r us, in her fancy birthday dress.
That weekend, we did our big celebration. We took Madeline to the character breakfast at the Disney resort, which is luckily right by our house. After a fun breakfast, the real treat began, and Madeline had her first spa day. They had a package that let her get a manicure and pedicure, hair and make up done, and a new dress. She sat so still for the mani/pedi and the makeup, but the hair was a little hard for her to handle. She also talked up the ladies working with her. It was so adorable and she loved, loved, loved it. They were also amazing with her and even though it was expensive, and she ended up washing it all away in the ocean less than an hour later, it was worth every single penny. After all the fancy fun stuff, she had a her three year old photo shoot, which was probably the most difficult yet (which is saying something). We left the photo shoot and changed clothes, headed to the Dole Plantation for pineapple ice cream, by request, and then ate italian for dinner, also by request. We had intended to eat shrimp, but what the birthday girl wanted, the birthday girl got. Overall, I think she had a great day and I know Derek and I had an awesome time spoiling and celebrating our amazing girl. Looking back, I wish I had taken more pictures, but I'm happy we spent the day enjoying each other without our phones out every five minutes.
Terrible photo, but you can see her makeup.
And even though it was next to impossible to get ones, here are her annual blanket and chair pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment