Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Third birthday part 2

Madeline, 

Baby girl, you've been an adventure from day one, but the last year has really been fun. I won't lie and say it hasn't been difficult, because boy has it been hard, but every single day with you has been new and different and such a treat. You have learned so much and the things that come out of your mouth are endlessly amusing. Watching your sense of humor develop has been nothing short of hilarious. You are stubborn and strong willed, dramatic and over the top, emotional, smart, and you have a sweet, sweet heart. You have a hard time with the word no and sleeping is definitely your enemy. But you love to color/paint/craft, do puzzles, read, ride your scooter, play outside, dance, sing, and swimming has become a new favorite. Watching you conquer your fear of the water in the past 3 months, going from not even getting in with a float on, to refusing the float and swimming like a fish (or a mermaid as you would say), has been so amazing. I'm so proud of how incredibly adaptable you've been over the last 2 year and continue to be every day. You are brave and have a huge sense of adventure. You love to climb and jump and take physical challenges head on without hesitation. Though I should say, you are always careful and hardly ever reckless when you do things like that. You inspire me to put on a brave face, even when we are both missing your daddy, and your hugs make every day better. I love to hear you sing let it go, say the word ladder, which comes out "ladern" for some unknown reason, say duh, tell knock knock jokes, and hum I don't know like a teenager. You also like to say never ever now, when you don't want to do something, like stop doing whatever it is you're doing. You have a tendency to hide when you get caught doing something wrong and you've been caught lying once or twice, but for the most part you tell the truth about everything. You even have a hard time keeping special secrets! You love getting mail and ask me to check it twice a day. You also love to call and FaceTime people and ask me to call everyone you know a million times a day. Anytime anyone calls me, you insist on taking the phone. You're a selectively good helper, loving to cook and do laundry, but hating to clean up. So far, you pee in the potty like a pro, but pooping in it has proved to be more difficult. Somedays I think I'll be changing your diaper until your in college. Your imagination has exploded and your pretend play has gotten more detailed and fun to watch. You like to pretend you are Ariel, Melody, Tinkerbell, and any other disney princess. You think up whole conversations and scenarios and play them out, take care of your baby dolls like they are real, and engage everyone in intricate pretend play. You are good with your friends for the most part, though sometimes sharing is difficult, but you have a kind heart and love to give them gifts or help them if you can. Sometimes you can break my heart in the best way with how sweet you can be, to me and everyone else. You say the kindest things sometimes and make an effort to make mommy feel better if she doesn't feel good. You miss daddy a lot when he is gone, which is often, and you light up when he is home. When he is gone, you don't mope or cry too much and you're such a trooper when changes happen. I'll never understand how you manage it with so much grace at such a young age. You keep me on my toes and you make getting up every day worth it. I don't think I could make it through your dad's schedule without you around!

Baby girl, you mean the world to me and your dad. Getting to know you over the past 3 years and watching you develop and grow has been the greatest blessing. You are truly the center of our family and our whole hearts. We love you so much. 

IMG 1514

IMG 1516

IMG 1517

IMG 1518

IMG 1519

IMG 1520

IMG 1521

IMG 1522

IMG 1523

IMG 1524

IMG 1525

IMG 1526

IMG 1527

IMG 1528

IMG 1529

IMG 1530

IMG 1531

IMG 1532

Because this song says how I feel better than I could and because we listen to this album every time we are in the car, I thought I'd include the lyrics here 

"When I'm With You"

When I hold you in my arms, Love
Something changes
It's the strangest feeling
The things that used to matter
They don't matter to me
When I see you
And you're smiling
How my heart aches
So full it is about to break
You make me believe in love

I could never count all the ways
That you change me, Baby
Every day the sky is a deeper shade of blue
When I'm with you
When I hear you, and you're crying
It resonates, Dear
In a place I didn't know was there
You make me believe in love

I could never count all the ways
That you change me, Baby
Every day the sky is a deeper shade of blue
When I'm with you

Beautiful baby
You're sweeter than strawberry pie
Just like the morning
Your smile brings the sunshine

I could never count all the ways
That you change me, Baby
Every day the sky is a deeper shade of blue
When I'm with you

No comments:

Post a Comment