Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week 2

So baby is now 2 weeks old. I feel like time is flying. We had an appointment on Wed and she weighs 8 lbs 5 oz now. The doctor says that was the perfect weight gain and that she looks pretty good. We’re getting a little better at breastfeeding, though she tends to start eating, stop, cry for a second, then start again a few times before she gets settled in. She eats like a pro once she gets started. I feel like she eats so much but they say that is normal in the beginning. She seems to be awake longer and sleeping longer, though we aren’t really on any kind of schedule, so its hard to tell. She has been super fussy the last 2 days (yesterday was a really long day full of crying) and I think its the ridiculous heat. It was 81 degrees in the living room with the AC on! She sleeps and stays calm if we have her on the side of the room with the air but if you move her to the couch she wakes up and cries. Poor baby takes after her mom…she doesn’t want to be hot!

I’m still hurting a little but its mostly at the end of the day and its mostly burning where I’m getting some feeling back in my skin (I’ve been numb from my belly button down since the surgery). I can do most everything myself now, which is good since Derek goes back to work next week. I’m super depressed about that and I know when he starts school again I’m going to be so sad. I love having him home, for the company and the help. Besides, its just fun to watch him with the baby.

So here are some pictures from our attempts at a photoshoot. She wakes up and cries everytime I try to take pictures, so I’m glad we didn’t shell out massive amounts of money for professional pictures. A lot of them are the same angle because its the only angle I got before her melt down and because I couldn’t pick just one…she is just too cute!

yawn babyon side yellow flower baby

eye open baby sepia baby feet wink baby

yellow flower face baby

smile bayb  sepia face baby

no side yellow flower no face baby profile baby

2 comments:

  1. From Nanny in Fairburn: Dear Lindsay, never, never apologize if you think you are late in sending news or pictures, we love getting them whenever we get them, and believe me, most of us, Mothers and Grand and Greatgrandmothers know how demanding a baby can be. Madeline is beautiful and the pictures are just so so cute, she seems to be thriving on her present 'diet', take care of yourself, and we love you all so very much. Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the hair bows!!!! I just want to take her out of the picture so I can hold her, everyone that comes over I have to show them. She is so precious. I hope you are feeling well and doing good. Tell Derek we said hey. Love you guys! Julie

    ReplyDelete