Monday, July 4, 2011

Is this a sign of my future?

I am trying to pack the hospital bag and I’m all packed for myself (I hope) but…I’ve spent the last 15 minutes trying to decide what outfits to pack for the baby. I only need one, to bring her home in, since the lady that gave us the tour told us not to bring clothes for the baby while we were in the hospital as they tend to get “thrown away.” I need one outfit and it is seriously the biggest dilemma in my life at the moment.

 

I had a cute semi patriotic outfit for her, thinking she’d be here this weekend, and I’m probably bringing it no matter what time she is born, but someone suggested bringing multiple outfits since you never know what the baby will fit in. So now I’ve pulled out like 8 choices, all with socks or shoes, and of course a few hat choices to match. It is literally impossible to decide. Derek has friends over and they are outside doing man things, but as soon as he comes in, I’m getting him to help narrow down choices.

If this is a sign of how difficult it’ll be to dress her in the future, I’m in trouble. Why are baby clothes all so cute? And why can’t she wear them all at once?

 

Picture of the dress I thought I’d bring her home in (its definitely navy blue though in looks black in the picture)

image

4 comments:

  1. Dear Lindsay: What a cute outfit. I am glad you are having so much fun with baby clothes. She will be happy with something very soft and easy to put on. I think of you often. Love, Nanny from Fairburn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll look adorable in anything! And seem too tiny in what ever size...you on the other hand will feel lighter but still large, but no matter how you feel, you will be ecstatic and joyful and all the pics will show that. (except for that 3rd baby blues day, but that too will pass!!)
    Can't wait for more news- praying for you here in CHarlotte!
    Love Aunt COrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- My sister still can't choose from all the adorable outfits for my 2 yo niece Shaylyn; so the little one usually debuts in one frilly dress (like church on Easter morning), changes into another (for Easter Egg hunt) and appears in another (for Easter lunch at the club)!! Lots of cute pictures, and even more fun she has a change of shoes for all of them, too! I think she had 3 outfits (and a red-white-and-blue bathing suit) for yesterday's holiday festivities :)
    Love, Aunt Corine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I still cant go into a store without trying to grab Maddy a new outfit. Little girls clothes are soo cute and stores have way more girl clothes than boys. I cant hardly wait for her to get here so Lyndsey can text me pics. I wish we could be there. Take care. Love Julie Witter

    ReplyDelete