My doctor’s appointment was a mixed bag today. On the downside, I have the Group B Strep bacteria, which isn’t suppose to be a big deal, but does mean I’ll need antibiotics during labor so that the baby doesn’t get sick. I am also a little anemic, which could explain my more than normal exhaustion and inability to do normal task (like the dishes) without feeling like I need to take a nap afterwards, and means I have to take iron pills. I’m hoping they make me feel a little better but I’m nervous because they apparently cause stomach and digestive problems, and I certainly don’t need any more of those. I got the slow release kind because they claim to be gentle. We will see.
On the bright side, I am dilated about half a centimeter, which is nothing really, but means my body is trying to get something going. The doctor says women who dilate before labor tend to have quicker births. I don’t know how true that is but maybe I’ll keep dilating and this baby will pop out super fast. I heard the average birth time for first time mom is around 15 hours or something like that. Doesn’t sound too pleasant.
I don’t have a picture this week because I forgot to take it. I also have a whole blog post to do about a BBQ festival we went to and the cleaning/hanging/organizing the baby’s closet (her room is officially baby ready), but I don’t have the energy and Derek isn’t here so he can’t help me remember the details or take a picture. Maybe on Thursday.
From Nanny in Fairburn:
ReplyDeleteDear Lindsay, you seem somewhat anxious, the iron tablets will certainly make you feel better but you must relax, breathe, relax, and soon you will have the strength to do the dishes again... well, I just wanted to make you smile, don't count or fret about the 15 hour labour, let's start with three hours and go from there. I think of you often, love you, Nanny