Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Stuff

So I haven’t really had much energy to write and there really isn’t all that much going on. I guess the closer I get to 25 and old age, the more exhausted and uninteresting I become. Or maybe it’s a precursor to parenthood.

 

Anyway, we have lots of stuff coming up soon…my birthday, trip home, two high school graduations, a baby shower, and then a baby! We finally have pretty much everything put together in the baby’s room and we got the stroller from my Gran, which means all the big huge stuff is bought and ready. Ari has been to the vet and has a prescription for puppy Xanax, which means we’re ready to fly home. We also had a very special delivery today that I’ll share at the end of the post.

Now for some baby stuff…

The stroller. The great thing about this stroller is that the handle is super adjustable…it can stand pretty much straight up or fold all the way down and be anywhere in between. This is perfect considering Derek and I obviously need the handle to be a different heights. Also, the seat folds all the way down and the foot support folds all the way up, forming a bassinet, which allows a newborn to be in the stroller without a newborn car seat ( which we don’t have). It folds and unfolds super easy and I think we’re really going to like it.

DSC_0164

DSC_0165

DSC_0166

This is what it looks like as a bassinet type carrier

DSC_0167

And this is what it looks like when you sit the seat up and fold the leg support down

 

This is the carseat…I can’t remember if I’ve already shared it and I don’t have the motivation to go back and look

DSC_0168

 

And here are some shots of the baby’s room mostly finished:

DSC_0169

DSC_0171

Her name letters didn’t turn out exactly like I wanted them to, but I think they ended up being cute anyway

DSC_0172

All the furniture is kind of shoved against one wall because the pack n’ play, stroller, and carseat are stacked against the other space. I think we might end up keeping it like this, but if we move anything, it’ll be the chair.

DSC_0175

the messy bookcase, which needs to be organized, but is just holding a bunch of junk and like 2 books right now. Ignore the lamp peaking out behind the door…that will not be there forever. However, one thing that can’t be removed happens to be the little sticker on the door that says “Chuck’s Room” and has a picture of a train. Maybe we should have named the baby Chuck.

DSC_0176

DSC_0177

Stuffed animals and hideous closet doors. The doors on the right had a weird sharpie drawing of the face of that kid from the Mad TV magazine and a West Point academy sticker on it, so in order to cover them up we bought these big dot things that happen to be dry erase. I’m not sure anything would make these ugly doors more attractive, but I tried, and at least we can’t see the stickers anymore. I’m not sure the stuffed animals will stay there but there was already a built in hanger and this was easier than screwing anything into the wall or ceiling.

DSC_0178

Above her closet

 

And finally…the new arrival

We’ve been waiting for a long time and I’m proud to introduce…

 

 

Our new recliner!!!

DSC_0180

DSC_0181

 

We got this instead of getting a traditional glider. It rocks and swivels with the added convenience of reclining and being incredibly comfortable. I’ve currently moved into it and will not be leaving it for the next 6 weeks or so.

 

And because I haven’t done it in a while…here are pictures from 32 weeks. I forgot to take pictures this week (33 weeks) but I’ll take them again on Saturday (34 weeks…can’t believe I’m so far along)

DSC_0150

DSC_0152

1 comment:

  1. From Nanny in Fairburn: Lindsay, you are doing great and looking so 'motherly', what a lucky little one to have all these lovely things and decorations waiting for her. So, it is going to be Madeline ? Do tell. Do have a safe and pleasant trip. Love, Nanny

    ReplyDelete