I have to admit that this is my favorite time of year to live in NYC. In fact, if I miss anything when we leave NY, it will be Christmas time in the city. Its chilly, everyone seems a little happier, the lights are up everywhere, there are outdoor Christmas markets selling unique things all over the city, the stores have beautiful window displays, and its just all around happy. The people in our neighborhood put up so many lights (they decorate for every holiday around here) and everything looks so shiny and pretty. Today we even had snow flurries. Though if I'm honest I was kind of hoping the snow would wait until we got back from Georgia.
I haven't been blogging lately mostly because I've been too lazy and there isn't really all that much going on to talk about. My computer also died and it took me a little while to get it fixed. Now I have a new hard drive but I'm missing half the programs that came with my first computer that made blogging easier. Definitely an excuse but I think its a pretty valid one. I'm also super tired and I've been spending 90% of my free time on the phone with different customer service reps for different companies trying to take care of things that I just can't seem to get resolved. Plus, my house looks rather like an episode of hoarders and I can't get it clean.
Yesterday Derek and I spent the afternoon going all the around the city trying to finish our Christmas shopping. What we couldn't get in the city we ordered online and I think I can say we are officially done. Christmas for us can get kind of stressful. We have a lot of people to buy for (24!) and a lot of scheduling to do. Since the presents are done I'm starting to feel a little more holiday spirit and a little less of the get things done crunch. I don't want to brag or anything but we did an excellent job with presents this year budget wise. I mean, we still spent a ridiculous amount of money, but it averaged out to a decent amount when you considered that we were doing it for 24 (can you even believe that number?) people. 24 is 4 or 5 less than last year too.
Our schedule this year looks like this:
-Getting home hopefully at a decent time on the afternoon of the 18th
-Lunch with Derek's grandma on the 19th (maybe)
-Celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary (and 9th dating anniversary ) on the 22nd
-Christmas with Derek's step dad's family on the 23rd
-Midnight mass on the 24th
-Split Christmas day between my family and his
-Christmas at my grandparents house the 26th
-Derek is going to the falcons game on the 27th
-Then we probably leave either late the 28th or super super early the 29th
- I have to be at work bright and early on the 30th (gag)
-At some point we have to sneak in a visit to Auburn and a visit to Derek's dad's house in Atlanta
Can you see why its a little stressful for us? I still can't wait to go home and see everyone. Its been a year since we've been there and I'm missing Georgia for sure.
Tonight Derek and I went to CVS and picked up a little tree and some silly lights and ornaments, just to have something this year. I took pictures of it on my phone and emailed them to myself but they haven't made it to my computer yet, so I'll post them and menorah pictures later.
Only 2 weeks and 7 more days of work and vacation here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment