I've been majorly lazy about this blog thing, but for a very good reason. One of the biggest things happening in our lives has had to be a secret for the last 3 months, which has made it very difficult to blog about anything. But now that I can finally share the news, I can actually blog about it, and everything else that is going on. Plus, I can share the few small things I wrote immediately after finding out that....we are having a baby!!!!
I am officially 14 weeks today and we shared the good news with all our extended family over Christmas break. The reason we had to keep everything secret was because I was actually 6 weeks pregnant when I had my appendix removed and there was a very strong chance that something was going to go wrong with the baby. Our last appointment was at 9 weeks and the baby had grown so much from the first time we saw it (at 7 weeks right after my surgery) and had a good heartbeat, so everything seems to be fine. The baby is due July 2 and we are super excited.
Here is the baby at 7 weeks...the first time we saw it and saw the heartbeat. It is that little peanut shaped thing at the top left of the screen.
Here is the baby at 9 weeks. Still a heartbeat, but we didn't get to hear it. She says we will hear it at the next appointment (Jan 6th). The head is to the left and the little foot is at the bottom above that ball thing, which is the yolk sac.


i love that baby so much! mom
ReplyDelete