I just have to document this moment.
My wonderful husband drove through crazy traffic to pick me up from work tonight. Since I have to ask for a key to go to the bathroom and I find the whole process incredibly uncomfortable and little demeaning, I really had to pee. Bad. Derek drove straight from school and he was also in need a of restroom. Both of us were tired and he was so frustrated with the traffic.
Until the most ridiculous thing happened to us.
A car from the lane next to us was trying to get over, so Derek let him. I mean, he was practically pushing himself in, so he had no choice. He immediately put his brakes on and waited for a car to pull out of a space on the side of the road. He then proceeded to try to get his car into the impossibly small parking spot. Meanwhile, its rush hour, and traffic is starting to back up. Derek and I watched him hit the cars parked in front of and behind the parking space over and over and over. And over.
We finally get around him only to discover his wife has parked her car in our lane. She is just walking around, putting bags in her car, directing her husband as he continued to hit the cars around his parking space, and in no way seemed to care that she had backed up traffic at least half a mile. She was telling cars to go around, which was impossible, because traffic was so backed up no one could get in the other lane. It was the most amazing act of selfish stupidity I've ever seen.
Finally her husband manages to squeeze his car in the space. He is literally touching the car in front of him and behind him. I have no clue how the car behind him is ever going to get out of its space. The poor owners is probably going to be surprised when he does pull out and finds the 20 new dents on his front bumper. He gets out of the car and starts yelling "Stop honking" to the longggggggggggggggggggggg line of cars that were waiting on him and his dumb wife. He took his precious time to get in his wife's car, all the while screaming at the cars to stop honking, and saying how stupid they were. I mean, come on. You can't block traffic on a four lane road in the middle of rush hour. But whatever this guy needed to do tonight was way more important than the fact that I had to pee.
Really it was hard to be mad because it was just so freaking unbelievable. Both of us were like...did we just see that? Did that really happen? There are some stupid drivers up here, but these people should win a prize.
In other news, turns out J.Lo's block isn't too far from our neighborhood. Maybe one day I'll have had 4 or 5 husbands too. Nah. One is more than enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment